I rarely if ever have guest bloggers. Why? Because I can’t be stuffed. It all sounds like way too much verk. And you know how I like to keep verk to a minimum.
But last week Geek Duck came to me and said, ‘I want to write a blog post, do you mind?’
‘Go right ahead,’ I said, rolling my eyes. I was sure he’d write about techie, computery, server room stuff. Yawn.
But I was wrong. Here is his dear, sweet post, just as he wrote it.
Geek Duck’s Top Ten Tips for Partners of KidLit Creators
by Geek Duck
- Learn how to make a good cup of tea or coffee or mojito.
- Let sleeping creatives lie – they’re working (verking) in their sleep.
- Learn how to cook well. Be fancy or plain. Whatever.
- Create time. Distract. Enrich. Entertain.
- Read/Look at everything they create.
- Screen all reviews. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly.
- Be honest. No BS. Have an opinion.
- Source quality chocolate.
- Love them. xxx
Bonus tip: Sort their IT problems quickly.