I’m dedicated to your success and ready to help you create a life you love. I want you to thrive. Our time together will require a commitment to yourself and a mutual respect between client and coach. My policies outlined below are meant to foster those things. Emergencies and special circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis, but generally speaking, the policies below apply to ALL services I offer.
I’m a Certified Life Coach, not a physician, psychiatrist or medical professional. I’ve been trained to provide guidance, emotional support and encouragement. I help clients reach their personal goals but I can’t diagnose or treat illnesses. Life coaching is not psychotherapy or a substitute for licensed counselling, medical advice or substance abuse treatment.
Every session is scheduled in advance. No shows, reschedule requests or cancellations received without adequate notice (at least 24 hours within a work week, Monday through Friday) will be charged full price for the missed session.
Each request to reschedule will be addressed individually in a prompt manner. The request must be made in writing and at least 24 hours notice given within a work week Monday through Friday. A mutually convenient date and time will be then be agreed upon. Further rescheduling requests from the same client for the same session will incur a fee in addition to the session fee.
Exceptional circumstances for cancellations will be assessed on an individual basis. The preference will always be to reschedule. Inadequate notice of a cancellation (less than 24 hours within a work week, Monday through Friday) will incur a fee.
Generally no refunds will be given for on-on-one single sessions. Exceptional circumstances will be assessed on an individual basis. The preference will always be to reschedule.
Multiple Reschedule Fee: $100 AUD (plus GST)
Late Cancellation/Reschedule Fee: $60 AUD (plus GST)
For all coaching interactions I will abide by these standards of professional conduct.
- Always conduct myself to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Respect the commercial confidentiality of clients by not divulging business information to any third parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession in general and myself in particular.
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients and professional colleagues.
- Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients, the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations of both parties.
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
- Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Respect the absolute rights of clients’ confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the clients’ needs.
- Avoid all conflicts of interests and give notice of such potential conflicts to potentially affected parties. Advise the client on the risk of conflict if a relationship moves beyond a coach/client situation. (For example a personal or business relationship.)
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice that you know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond my competence to assess.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- Share skills and experience with associates and other coaching professionals to further increase the body of knowledge, skills and competencies of myself and such parties.
- Respect all copyrights, agreements, work, intellectual property, trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
- Use my tuition, definitions and works provided to me as the basis for all coaching procedures, practices and objectives.
- Avoid coaching minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian or teacher as appropriate.
- Avoid situations which may create conflict, litigation or bad publicity.
- Comply with all laws and by-laws of Australia and, if coaching clients based abroad, with the laws of the clients’ country.
- Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written, are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the Australian Advertising Standards Authority.
- Make a copy of this Code freely available to clients if they request it.